Community Recognition Event
On June 24, 2021 the DC CFAR hosted a virtual Community Recognition Event. The program was emcee’d by Mr. Shawn Perry from The Senior Zone, featured a welcome by Ms. Marcia Ellis, DC CFAR Community Coordinator, music, an invited talk by Dr. Reed Tuckson, and a presentation of awards by Dr. Carl Dieffenbach, Director of the NIH Division of AIDS and Dr. Alan Greenberg, DC CFAR Director. Please see the program for reference. The program also included the premiere of the video, "They Made a Difference and We Thank Them: The DC CFAR Honors Trailblazing Community Partners" in which many members of the CPC shared parts of their very moving stories and memories.
They Made a Difference and We Thank Them: The DC CFAR Honors Trailblazing Community Partners
The video features:
- Don Blanchon, Whitman Walker Health
- Earline Budd, Empowering Transgender Coalition
- Abby Charles, Institute of Public Health Innovations
- Wallace Corbett, Commissioner, Metropolitan Washington Regional HIV Health Services Planning Council
- Flora Hamilton, Family Medical and Counselling Services
- George Kerr III, G III Associates
- Susan McCarley Shepard, TERRIFIC Inc.
- Patricia Nalls, The Women's Collective
- Irwin Royster, Sexually Transmitted Disease Community Coalition
- Ron Simmons, Ron Simmons Consulting
- Catalina Sol, La Clinica del Pueblo
- Melissa Turner, Veteran Affairs Medical Center
- A Toni Young, Community Education Group
- With contributions from: Marcia V Ellis and Alan Greenberg
Individual videos of excerpts from the interviews are available.