Skip to main content
Paul J. Poppen, PhD
- Senior Scientist, Social and Behavioral Sciences Core, DC CFAR; Professor, Department of Psychology, Colombian College of Arts & Sciences, The George Washington University
- [email protected]
Current HIV/AIDS Research Activities:
- Co-Principal Investigator, with Maria Cecilia Zea (P.I), Carol Reisen (Co-PI), and Fernanda Bianchi (Co-I). HIV Prevalence, Sexual Behavior, and Attitudes toward Circumcision among Colombian MSM. R01 HD057785-01A1, National Institute of Health and Human Development, April 1, 2008- 2014.
- Co-Principal Investigator, with Maria Cecilia Zea (P.I.) C. A. Reisen, & F. T. Bianchi. The Latino Health Research Center. George Washington University Center and Institute Facilitating Fund. 2008-2017.
- Co-Principal Investigator with Maria Cecilia Zea (PI). A webnovela-based intervention to promote HIV testing among Colombian MSM. R34 MH111362-01, National Institute of Mental Health, July 20, 2016-2018.
Current HIV/AIDS Educational Activities:
- Teach psychology of risk-taking behavior (Psych 8257)
- Senior Member, Executive Committee, DC CFAR