Skip to main content
Faria Farhat, MD
- Associate Professor, Department of Medicine, Chief, Division of Infectious Disease, Howard University
- [email protected]
Current HIV/AIDS Research Activities:
- Site Co-Investigator for following trails sponsored by NIH:
- ACTG 5257: A Phase III Comparative Study of Three Non-Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitor (NNRTI)-Sparing Antiretroviral Regimens for Treatment-NaÃ¯ve HIV-1-Infected Volunteers
- A Phase II Study to Evaluate the Immunogenicity and Safety of a Quadrivalent Human Papillomavirus Vaccine in HIV-1-Infected Females. A5240.
- Co-Investigator - A phase II study to assess the safety and immunogenicity of an inactivated swine origin H1N1 Influenza vaccine in HIV-1 infected pregnant women. P 1086.
- Co-Investigator - The Optimized Treatment that Includes or Omits NRTIs (OPTIONS) Trial: A Randomized Strategy Study for HIV-1-Infected Treatment-Experienced Subjects Using the cPSS to Select an Effective Regimen. (ACTG 5241) August 2008 - Present. Sponsored by NIH.
- Co-Investigator - Preservation and expansion of T-cell subsets following HAART de intensification to Atazanavir/ritonavir in adolescents and young adults with CD4 + T cells >350 cells/mm3 initiating HAART. ATN â€“ 061.
- Co-Investigator - Neurocognitive assessment in youth initiating HAART. ATN - 071.
Current HIV/AIDS Educational Activities:
- Teaching Attending for Howard University Hospital's Medical Residents and Fellows
- Lecturer, Medical Students, Howard University College of Medicine
Current HIV/AIDS Clinical Activities:
- Clinical Faculty, Inpatient Infectious Disease Service, Howard University Hospital
- Attending Physician, Center for Infectious Disease Management and Research, Howard University Hospital
Current HIV/AIDS Service Activities:
- Interim Chair, Infection Control, Howard University Hospital
- Interim Chair, Antibiotic Subcommittee, Howard University Hospital