David M. Huebner, PhD, MPH
- Associate Professor, Prevention and Community Health, Milken Institute School of Public Health, The George Washington University
- 950 New Hampshire Ave NW
Washington, District Of Columbia 20052
- [email protected]
- Faculty Profile
Current HIV/AIDS Research Activities:
- I am the PI of two recent trials of an mHealth intervention designed to improve the ways in which parents communicate with their adolescent gay and bisexual sons about sexuality and HIV, with the ultimate goal of improving sexual health outcomes for these youth (R01-MH129169, R34-MH112445).
- I have also been involved in trials of community-level interventions for primary and secondary prevention of HIV/AIDS among young African American gay and bisexual men.
- In addition to these intervention studies, I am interested in how health behavior theories can be improved and adapted to better explain how extra-individual variables (e.g., social oppression) operate to influence HIV-related risk behaviors.
Current HIV/AIDS-Related Educational Activities:
I am involved with two pre-doctoral T32 training grants at GW.
One focuses on understanding how socio-structural factors and intersectionality frameworks can be used to understand and address HIV-related disparities.
The second focuses on HIV persistence, comorbidities, and treatment.
- I also mentor doctoral students, post-docs, and junior faculty who are engaged in HIV and LGBT health research.