Caroline Kuo, DPhil, MPhil
- Associate Professor, Department of Health Studies, College of Arts and Sciences, American University
- 4400 Massachusetts Avenue
Washington, District Of Columbia 20016
- [email protected]
Current HIV/AIDS-Related Research Activities:
- R34 MH124469 (Kuo and Mathews, M-PIs) 07/1/2021 – 06/30/2024
Schools Championing Safe South Africa: An Intervention Engaging Teachers and Students in Adolescent Prevention of HIV risk and Intimate Partner Violence
This study investigates the acceptability and feasibility of a structural-level intervention, Schools Championing Safe South Africa, focused on engaging teachers and student peers in the prevention of HIV and intimate partner violence perpetration among adolescent boys.
- R34 MH 113484 (Kuo and Mathews, M-PIs) 8/1/2017-5/31/2022
Integrated Prevention of HIV risk and Intimate Partner Violence among Adolescents in South Africa
This study investigates the acceptability and feasibility of an individual-level behavioral change intervention, Safe South Africa, focused on behavioral change to prevent or reduce risk behavior related to acquisition of HIV and perpetration of intimate partner violence among adolescent boys in South Africa.
- R01 MH 114843 (Kuo, Bekker, Stein, MPIs) 8/11/2017-7/31/2022
NIMH Our Family Our Future: A resilience-oriented family intervention to prevent adolescent HIV/STI infection and depression in South Africa
This R01 tests the efficacy of a family-based preventive intervention for adolescents and their caregivers in HIV-endemic South Africa. The family-based intervention focuses on preventing adolescent onset of depression and HIV/STIs.
- P01AA019072-11 (Kuo and Becker, MPIs) 07/01/20-05/31/25
Advancing Integrated Alcohol-HIV Training of Frontline Providers in a Global Priority Setting