Skip to main content
Tamara Taggart, PhD, MPH
- Assistant Professor, Department of Prevention and Community Health, Milken Institute School of Public Health, George Washington University
- Floor 7
- 950 New Hampshire Avenue NW
Washington, District Of Columbia 20052
- [email protected]
- Faculty Profile
Current HIV/AIDS Research Activities:
- PI of two pilot studies examining HIV risk among racial/ethnic minority youth and young adults. Study 1, "Health, Masculinities, Neighborhoods, and Networks," is a mixed methods study that utilizes an activity spaces approach to examine how neighborhoods, social networks, and racial discrimination influence HIV risk behaviors among Black emerging adult men. Study 2, "Who's on Board," is a mixed methods community-based study to examine parent, child, and provider attitudes towards the feasibility of PrEP uptake among Black and Latino adolescents.
- Collaborator on two research studies that examine PrEP uptake among women.
- 2018 HPTN Domestic Scholar. Research will use HPTN 061 to examine the influence that religiosity and other psychosocial factors have on Black MSM HIV risk behaviors.