Skip to main content
Natella Rakhmanina, MD, PhD
- Professor, Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, The George Washington University; Director, HIV Services and Treatment Services, Division of Infectious Diseases, Children’s National Hospital
- 111 Michigan Ave, NW
Washington, District Of Columbia
- [email protected]
- Faculty Profile
Current HIV/AIDS Research Activities:
- Dr. Rakhmanina is certified in HIV medicine and is a successful clinical researcher, focusing her research on the treatment and prevention of HIV in children and adolescents and serving as a principal investigator of NIH, CDC and industry funded pediatric and adolescent HIV studies.
- She is also a Senior Technical Advisor at Elizabeth Glaser Pediatrics AIDS Foundation leading several projects on pediatric and adolescent HIV treatment in Sub-Saharan African countries.
Current HIV/AIDS Educational Activities:
- Dr. Rakhmanina serves as a preceptor and mentor to the medical and MPH students, residents and fellows during their rotation at pediatric and Adolescent HIV elective.
- She participates in the yearly MPH courses at GWU and is a a well renown educator on pediatric and adolescent HIV regionally, nationally and internationally.
- She is a contributor and lecturer for the national Armenian Academy of Pediatrics Course on Pediatric HIV.
Current HIV/AIDS Clinical Activities:
- Dr. Rakhmanina is a Director of the HIV Prevention and Treatment Services at Children's National, which provide preventive, diagnostic and treatment and care to the majority of infants, children and adolescents in metropolitan DC area.
Current HIV/AIDS Service Activities:
- Chair of the Committee on Pediatric AIDS at the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Member of the US Department of Health and Human Services Panel on the Pediatric Antiretroviral Therapy and Management Guidelines at the Office of AIDS Research Advisory Council in National Institutes of Health.
- Member of the Pediatric Advisory Working Group at the World Health Organization.
- Regent of the Board and Chair of the Bylaws and Inclusivity, Diversity and Equity committees at the American College of Clinical Pharmacology.