George Kerr III
- Founder and CEO of G III Associates, established 2015
I am committed to educating, training, advocating and collaborating for social justice through harm reduction. I have a long and committed history of effectively working with some of the District's most prominent health service providers and have motivated hundreds of individuals to advocate for those who the stigma of HIV and substance abuse has silenced. I believe that TOGETHER, we can build a healthier community.
My Community Involvement
• Member - DC Center for AIDS Research (CFAR) and the Community Partner Council (CPC).
• CO-COMMUNITY LEAD - for the Drug User Health (SIG) and the Faith Spirituality HIV working group.
• COMMITTEE CHAIR – Faith, Spirituality, and HIV Committee for the National CFAR CAB Coalition (N3C) that represents the Centers for AIDS Research (CFAR).
• CO-MODERATOR - Presbyterian HIV Network, PHEWA, PC (USA)
• ELDER – Westminster Presbyterian Church DC
• FOUNDER - DC Fights Back, all-volunteer network of people who work on issues that affect District residents by advocating, educating, and collaborating for social justice
• 2016 Rodney Taylor Community Service Award from Inner Light Ministries
• 2013 Outstanding Community Service by Inner Light Ministries,
• 2012 Whitman Walker AIDS Walk Award, Washington DC
• Numerous awards related to service in the US NAVY