Emmanuel O. Akala, RPh, PhD
- Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Howard University
- Room 308
- 2300 Fourth Street NW
Washington, District Of Columbia 20059
- [email protected]
- Faculty Profile
Current HIV/AIDS Research Activities:
- Synthesis of blank and zidovudine, lamivudine, nevirapine, and raltegravir-loaded stealth nanoparticles (with all the four drugs together in the nanoparticles) based on a core formed by hydroxyethyl methacrylate terminated poly(caprolactone) macromonomers or methylmethacrylate.
- 1E7-03 (an investigational drug)-loaded nanoparticles) based stealth methylmethacrylate (core) nanoparticles.
- Drug release studies from the nanoparticles.
- Conjugation of conjugate M cell β1 integrin receptor ligands (peptide with RGD motif (arginine-glycine-aspartic acid), to the surface of the nanoparticles
- Targeting drug (ARV)-loaded multifunctional nanoparticles to M Cells overlaying GALT (HIV-1 Reservoir)