Skip to main content
Sylvia Silver, DA
- Co-Director, Developmental Core, DC CFAR; Professor, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, The George Washington University; Director, GW Biorepository Core; Director, GW Cancer Center Shared Resource
- [email protected]
Current HIV/AIDS Research Activities:
- MPI, AIDS and Cancer Specimen Resourse
- Director, U.S. AIDS Malignancy Clinical Trials Consortium Biorepository
- Director, GW Cancer Center Shared Resource
- Director GW Biorepository Core
Current HIV/AIDS Educational Activities:
- The Biology of HIV/AIDS
- Biobanking best practices
- Capacity building in biobanking
Highlighted HIV/AIDS Publications:
- Hussain SK, Hessol NA, Levine AM, Crabb Breen E, Anastos K, Cohen M, D’Souza G, Gustafson D, Silver S, Martínez-Maza O. Serum biomarkers of immune activation and subsequent risk of non-Hodgkin B cell lymphoma among HIV infected women. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2013 Nov;22(11):2084-93.
- Schneider JW, Sanderson M, Geiger D, Nokta M, Silver S, A biobank to support HIV malignancy research for sub-Saharan Africa. S Afr Med J. 2016 Aug 2; 106(9): 867–869. PMID: 27601106.
- Yakovleva, A, Plieskatt JL, Jensen S, Humeida R. Lang J, Guangzhao L, Bracci, Silver S, Bethony J. Fit for genomic and proteomic purposes: Sampling the fitness of nucleic acid and protein derivatives from formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue. PLoS One. 2017; Jul 25;12(7). PMCID: 0181756
- Wagner-Johnson ND, Lensing S, Noy A, Ratner L, Henry, Lee JY, Silver S, Faham M, Ambinder R. High frequency of identical clonal immunoglobulin DNA in pre-treatment tumor and plasma from untreated patients with HIV-associated lymphoma: prospective multicenter trial of the AIDS malignancies consortium (AMC 064).2017. Leukemia and Lymphoma Published online May 16, 2017.
- Silver S, Bethony J, Bracci P, Patel A, Nokta M, Ittmann M, Rimsza L, Schneider J, McGrath, M. AIDS and Cancer Specimen Resource (ACSR). Open Journal of Bioresources. 2018.5, p.12. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5334/ojb.42