Skip to main content
Sarah Henn, MD, MPH
- Chief Health Officer, Whitman-Walker Health
- 1525 14th Street NW
Washington, District Of Columbia 20005
- Staff Profile (WWH)
Current HIV/AIDS Research Activities:
- Focuses on the research needs of largely underserved communities and coordiantes those efforts with larger national research initiatives looking at prevention and the treatment of HIV, hepatitis C, sexually transmitted infections (STIs), addictions, and associated co-morbidities. The research emphasis has been: 1) longitudinal studies of those living with, or at high risk of developing HIV, 2) HIV Prevention, 3) novel clinical treatments of HIV and hepatitis C, and 4) HIV cure research.
- Serves as a PI on a NIDA-funded Clinical Trial Network (CTN) study entitled "Comparing Treatments for HIV-Positive Opioid Users in an Integrated Care Effectiveness Study (CHOICES): Scale Up".
- Co-leader for the Whitman-Walker Health Clinical Research Site within the AIDS Clinical Trials Group and is an investigator on a PCORI-funded project around addictions.
- Active PI on one industry-sponsored trial that focuses on experimental compounds for the treatment of HIV and HCV, and ranged from Phase I-IV trials over the course of several years.
- Served as the PI on Project Aware, which was an NIH/NIDA-funded clinical trial to assess counseling for HIV prevention in over 5,000 participants at 9 STD clinics throughout the United States.