Joseph G. Timpone Jr., MD
Associate Professor of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases and Travel Medicine, School of Medicine, Georgetown University
Current HIV/AIDS Research Activities:
- Site PI for A5257 "A Phase III Comparative Study of Three Non-Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitor (NNRTI) Sparing Antiretroviral Regimens for Treatment-Naive HIV-1-Infected Volunteers"
- Site PI for A5202 "A Phase IIIB, Randomized, Trial of Open-Label Efavirenz or Atazanavir with Ritonavir in Combination with Double-Blind Comparison of Emtricitabine/Tenofovir or Abacavir/Lamivudine in Antiretroviral-NaÃ¯ve Subjects."
- Site PI for Gilead "A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Double-Dummy, Phase 3 Study of the Safety and Efficacy of Ritonavir-Boosted Elvitegravir (EVG/r) Versus Raltegravir (RAL) Each Administered With a Background Regimen in HIV-1 Infected, Antiretroviral Treatment-Experienced Adults"
- Site PI for HIV Solid Organ Transplantation Protocol
- PI for "Mortality and Length of Stay for HIV-Infected Persons Admitted for Acute Coronary Syndrome"
- PI for "Comorbidities, Polypharmacy, and Health Maintenance in the Aging HIV Population.
Current HIV/AIDS Educational Activities:
- Monthly lecture to rotating medical students and medical house staff on antiretroviral therapy
- Lecturer for fourth year Clinical Pharmacology course on HIV Pharmacology
- Pharmacology elective course director, which provides small group discussion on HIV treatment issues
- Lecturer to Infectious Disease Fellows on HIV life cycle, ART mechanisms of action, and HIV resistance
Current HIV/AIDS Clinical Activities:
- Supervisor for Infectious Disease fellows in outpatient HIV clinic
- Attending physician in HIV outpatient clinic
- Attending physician for Infectious Disease inpatient service
Current HIV/AIDS Service Activities:
- Volunteer at Gift of Peace Missionaries of Charity